I'm learning all about earthquakes, volcanoes, and tsunamis. It has been so fun learning about this.
- What causes an earthquake? It is caused by when the faults shift. A fault is the cracks in the earths crust.
- How do earthquakes change the surface of the earth? It causes the surface of the earth to form mountains and move the surface.
- How are tsunamis related to earthquakes? They are related because tsunamis is basically an earthquake under water. The shaking makes a huge wave that could wipe out a village!
- What is a volcano? A volcano is a mountain that as gases and melted rock ( better known as magma) in it.
- What determines the way a volcano erupts? It determines how the tectonic plates interact and how thick the magma is.
- How do scientists classify volcanoes? They see the details of rather it is a volcano or isn't. For example, they know if it is a shield volcano by looking at top. They look at the top because if it is a sheild volcano theres magma coming out of the top.
- How do volcanoes change the Earths surface? The lava can form new land when it dries. The rocks and ash can cover the land.